STEM, Girls and Drones
With Brave Wings She Flies
Help make 1,000 girls’ dreams come true. Donate today.
21st Century Challenges
Technology and Drones
- Drone technology is one of the fastest growing industries in the world and standardized drone training for pilots and technicians is in dire need.
- The future of work is changing as well and the availability of skilled employees is lagging.
Women in Industry
- Women make up less than 29% of the workforce in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and hold a mere 7% of all jobs in the drone and aviation industry
Girls in STEM
- Girls have lower self-confidence in their STEM abilities which contributes to the gender gap in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
21st Century Solutions
21st Century Workforce Skills
Current employers are seeking new adaptive skills in prospective employees
- Critical Thinking
These skills are the cornerstones of STEM Education for real world problem-solving!
Girls, Drones and STEM
Learning how to fly drones safely and professionally teaches these skills to girls. Drone education also exposes them to a variety of STEM subjects, such as:
- Aviation Physics
- Earth Science/Weather
- Engineering Drone Models
- Geospatial Mapping
- Computer Science and Coding
Remote Pilot Certification
Minimum Age Requirement: 16 years
- 1,000 Drones for 1000 Girls focuses on drone education for Middle School and High School aged students.
- Girls in this program could graduate from high school with their Remote Pilot Certification
Partnerships are the Key!
One in a Million
What if 1,000 people supported 1 girl’s dream to fly drones, and each of those girls went on to supported 1 other girl. Imagine the possibilities!
1 becomes 1,000 which soon becomes 100,000 and before long, there are 1 million!
Girls and drones – the sky is the limit!
Join Us in Shaping a New Future!
Contact us about advancing STEM opportunities in drone education.
- Become a partner in education
- Sponsor a girl for an event
- Find out more ways to help …
- Drones, Mapping and Underwater “Meadows”Usually when we think of meadows, we think of grassy places with flowers and butterflies. But did you know there are grassy meadows underwater as well? Drones are one way to map these meadows.
- How Safe are You and Your Drone?Accidents happen. That is a fact of life. But when accidents happen with drones, the consequences could be huge. That is why there is a day dedicated to Drone Safety Awareness! This year it is Saturday, June 18th
Women and girls have the skills and confidence necessary to pursue STEM careers of their choice and experience diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environments.
To inspire girls and young women to own their path in life by building technical and workforce skills to shape their rapidly changing world.
Find out more…